UOM: Stands for unit of measure. UOM’s are terms that give meaning to quantities. For our purposes a unit of measure (UOM) defines the format in which your items are packaged, shipped and sold.
Base UOM: represents the smallest "sellable" unit and is often referred to as an each (EA).
Each: Lowest unit of measure of your inventory item.
Case: Two or more units of the same inventory item (Ex. 1 Case = 10 Each)
Modal: Is a dialog box or popup window that is displayed on top of the current page.
Item Setup allows you define the items you wish to sell and your desired units of measure for the item. Item Setup also makes it easy to link the item to one or more online stores and tell the warehouse what to ship.
Jump to 'Creating a set'.
Note: Make sure you have configured your Item Settings before you do this step
1. Go to the Inventory module on OrderGrid and select “Items” from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the “New Item” button.
1. Input your Item Name.
Note: The "GridCode" is a unique OrderGrid generated identifier. This will be automatically generated for you.
2. Input your SKU (your internal item code).
3. Select your Item Type.
4. Select Item Category.
5. Select Brand.
6. Select Partner (i.e. Partner - Supplier type).
7. Enable Barcode override
Note: This must be enabled so that our Operations team can pick the item without scanning for a barcode.
8. Optional: Add Item Tag(s). Click "Save".
Note: Item Type, Category, Brand and Tags are configured previously in Inventory Settings.
If you are adding a Material (Ex. Kraft paper, crinkle paper) or Set (Ex. Promotional bundle, holiday bundle), please toggle the appropriate button “Material” or "Set". For set, you can customize which items go into a set on the "Set" tab.
Creating a set on OrderGrid
Fill in UOM
1. Start with the Base UOM (Suggested UOM is EA [Each]). If you want to change the name for your Base UOM, hit the edit button and select from the drop-down menu (these options are configured in Inventory Settings).
2. Optional: Enter the barcode for your item if you have one.
3. Input the weight (grams) of the item and empty case weight (i.e. the weight of an empty box without the products, minimum must be 1 g) and dimensions (length, width, height, in cm) of your item and click "Submit".
Note: If you have not set the correct dimensions and weight for your item, additional fees and charges may be applied!
Note: If your item is stored in bags, cases, and other units of measure (aside from an each), fill in the details for that UOM as well. Navigate to the
icon at the top of the page. Click "Add UOM" and please repeat #1 - #3.
4. Select PO Default for the UOM which the item arrives at the warehouse. PO Default refers to the UOM that arrives at the warehouse. For example, if you ship in cases, then please select ‘case’ as the PO default and your RO would reflect quantity in cases.
Congratulations! You have successfully setup an item in OrderGrid. Repeat this process to add more items to OrderGrid.
If you need any additional help regarding this topic, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org