One of the very first steps you'll take (after setting up your items) is creating a Receiving Order for OrderGrid!
A Receiving Order (RO) is a form which instructs the warehouse to expect and receive a shipment of products. It outlines the exact products, quantity, location and delivery date of the shipment so we can check the shipment against the RO and quality check your products. This is similar to a bill of lading (BOL). By submitting an RO, you will help us stick to our 3 business day SLA of receiving your shipment into OrderGrid inventory.
Please note that the 3 business day SLA commences once every item in the order has arrived at the warehouse and if everything has been labelled per guidelines. If there is no RO, or the shipment is not prepared properly, it will take extra time to receive.
The first RO we receive from clients, or any RO with new products to OrderGrid, will take 5 business days to process once everything has arrived and item dimensions are validated.
Note: Looking for our warehouse address? Check here! Take note of how to prepare your shipment!
Note: Please make sure that you have added a supplier (Partners) before continuing on to the next step.
1. Go to Purchase on the navigation menu and select “Receiving Orders” from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the "New Order" button.
3. (Optional) Input a Reference Purchase Order (PO) #. Entering a Reference PO # lets you identify your purchase orders to the inventory received.
4. Select a Partner, Location and Order Category.
Note: You cannot select items until these are filled out.
5. To add an item to your RO, click the drop-down menu and select an item. Click "Add Item".
Note: Only the items that are set up under this supplier will be found on this dropdown. You can also search by typing the product name in this box! SKUs are shown below the product name but you cannot search by SKU at the moment. Search is case sensitive.
6. Input the item quantity in Base Unit Of Measure (Base UOM, ex. Eaches) (this is required) and optionally, input your item cost price. You should have a field that looks like this:
7. Select the expected delivery date for this item.
Note: Repeat #5 - #7 to add more items to your RO (Receiving Order).
8. Double-check your RO! At the moment, you cannot make changes after you submit it. Once you are satisfied with your RO, click the "Create Order" button.
Congratulations! You have successfully created an RO (Receiving Order) in OrderGrid.
If you need any additional help regarding this topic, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Q: What is your warehouse address?
Q: What if I sent in a receiving without creating a receiving?
A: Receiving fees are discounted by 50% when you submit an RO. ROs speed up the process of receiving inventory and allow us to check it against what you expected to ship to us. When receiving shows up at the warehouse unannounced, it delays our ability to receive it and potentially, delays fulfilling your orders.
Q: I am creating a Receiving Order and my items don't appear on the list. Why is this happening?
A: At this time, the item's list is case sensitive, so make sure you type in the item's name exactly as you see it on the Inventory list or Item's list.