Packing Slip: A document that includes the complete list of items packaged in a shipper.
While your end-customer will have an itemized invoice of their order, packing slips can be helpful for your customer to know what is in each shipper. OrderGrid packing slips include SKUs, shipped quantity, UOM, item name, lot code, shipping address, and billing address.
1. Log into app.ordergrid.com.
2. Navigate to your stores list by clicking 'Sales' on the left menu, and clicking 'Stores'.
3. Navigate to the store you'd like all orders to have a packing slip, and toggle on. Note, this will only apply to orders that will be packed after you click save. If an order is already packed before you toggle this on, this will not apply.
4. You can also enable at the order level. Navigate to an order that is in processing, and toggle the "print packing slip" button. The packing slip will be generated and printed at the pack line.
5. You can add custom text to your packing slip note field in two ways. If an order will include a packing slip, you will see a packing slip note field on OrderGrid's edit order page. For Shopify clients, this packing slip note field is mapped to the Shopify order note field. This means, when your Shopify order is created and has order notes, then this note will also appear on the OrderGrid order for packing slips.
6. Once an order is shipped, you can view the packing slip on the order page. On Sales > Orders, navigate to the order page, click on the shipments tabs, and click the print button. You can then print or download the document from this preview page.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up and view packing slips in OrderGrid.
How to Add File Attachments to an Order
Understanding Your Orders List